Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to their customers by operating a tractor-trailer vehicle. As the first point of contact for our clients, Truck Drivers are courteous, knowledgeable, and equipped to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Operating tractor-trailer truck according to training, safety, and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly unloading and delivering Huttig products to its customers.
- Maintaining truck log according to company, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensuring cleanliness and routinely inspecting truck equipment and supplies (tires installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs).
- Maintaining cargo and driver safety by securing positioning blocks and ropes around cargo during transit.
Shift start: Based on route
Shift length: 10 - 14 hours
Monday - Friday, limited but required single night overnights, max 1 per week
Huttig, currently in its 135th year of business, is one of the largest domestic distributors of millwork, building materials and wood products used principally in new residential construction and in-home improvement, remodeling and repair work. Huttig distributes its products through 27 distribution centers serving 41 states. Huttig’s wholesale distribution centers sell principally to building materials dealers, national buying groups, home centers and industrial users, including makers of manufactured homes.