The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here. Job Title
CDL Driver Class BJob Description
Brink's Global Services is a division of Brink's Inc, the world's premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink's Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an armed CDL B Driver for our Newark, NJ facility.Job Summary:
The CDL Driver is responsible for safely driving/controlling the Brink's vehicles to and from various customer pick-up and delivery locations. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers. The CDL Driver B operates in an armed secured environment and must be diligent at all times to protect not only our customer's liability but themselves, their colleagues and the public at large when making deliveries/pickups. Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company focused on internal growth.Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain the safety, security and control of the armored vehicle at all times
- Guard the Messenger during the actual delivery or pick up of valuables at a customer's location.
- Maintain radio communication with the Messenger and/or other vehicle crew and with dispatch personnel.
- Load and unload the armored vehicle as necessary.
- Report all faults experienced during the day's activity and complete appropriate driving route documentation.
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the vehicle's interior and exterior and immediately report all issues.
- Provide high level of customer service to BGS customers and clients at all times,
- Assist the location Sort Operation as necessary in the movement of liability and other secured valuables from the facility to the vehicles and back.
- Ensure that all DOT regulations are maintained and followed as well as all traffic regulations and relative guidelines.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a commercial driver
- Class B Commercial Driver's License
- Be at least 21 years of age
- A currently valid driver's license
- Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
- A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
- A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a consistent and regular basis throughout the assigned shift
- Experience working closely with customers in the field and supporting a dynamic customer service platform
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Professional, positive demeanor
- Collaborative work style
- Good ethics and integrity
- Professional, positive demeanor.
- Excellent customer service.
- Collaborative work style.
- Strong attention to detail.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink's Global Services U.S., Inc. Brink's provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employees, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. About Brink's
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud. What's Next?
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.