As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for a dedicated Cross Dock Driver. The Cross Dock Driver will transport product between locations. In this role you will be responsible for loading and unloading the truck. The Cross Dock Driver will be responsible for maintaining DOT driver logs as well as delivery/shipment logs and credit memos. This role would require compliance with established company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives truck to transfer product between locations, wholesaler and drop box locations in outlying markets. Transportation of product is usually made over long distances via interstate, crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state lines but product continues to travel outside state lines once delivered to the location.
- Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity. Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the delivery.
- Drives to the destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest or provides credit memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and drop boxes.
- Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts back to the location.
- Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related records.
- Goes through check in process when returning to the location to verify parts and paperwork.
- May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after check in.
- Complies with established company policies and procedures.
- Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- One year of commercial driving and warehouse-related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures and work methods.
- An accredited commercial driving school certificate can be substituted for experience
- Forklift certified, beneficial.
- Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and physical requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
- Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
- Must be familiar with the company's products, and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures.
- Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart, ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone.
- This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
- They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
- They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment.
- Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired.
- Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner
- Ensure safety of loading and unloading truck
- Verifies condition of truck, assess for any needed repairs
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts